"One of the most practical & versatile investments for your home"
The wonderful qualities of wool
Wool is a completely natural material and has a range of unique properties that synthetics can't match. Wool is sustainable, renewable, biodegradable, recyclable and able to be produced organically.
• Naturally moisture-wicking – The wool fibres will wick sweat away from the body and as a breathable fabric, wool helps your body regulate temperature; great for staying cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
• Durability with long lasting appearance – The wool fibre structure is like a spring, it has natural crimp that allows it to return to its natural shape easily. A perfect quality for throws and blankets which are used often, helping to keep your decor and living space nice and tidy. A superior material performance, in comparison to man-made fibres.
• Easy-care – The surface of the wool fibre consists of a number of overlapping scales which means dirt sits on the surface, rather than going into the fibre, making it extremely easy to clean. This structure also means it does not absorb spills quickly, allowing time for them to be easily blotted up.
• Naturally Anti-static – Wool generates very little static electricity, perfect for everyday home use as static attracts lint, dirt and dust, meaning its properties keep it cleaner for longer.
• Hypoallergenic – Wool is resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew that can trigger allergic reactions in people.
• Cleaner Internal Air & Odour-resistant - Wool absorbs harmful pollutants from the air, it does not re-emit them. It is estimated that wool used in interiors can help purify the air for 30 years. Wool also absorbs sweat and releases it back into the air, inhibiting bacteria growth and preventing the fabric from retaining the smell.
Pure Alpaca (left) Pure New Wool (centre) Herringbone Collection (right)
All of our blankets and throws bear the Woolmark promise, which gives you the confidence that your product is made of natural, renewable and biodegradable wool that meets our exacting quality standards.
The Woolmark certification program enables you to identify the wool garment or wool care product is of highest quality. In the past 50 years, Woolmark has certified more than 5 billion wool and wool care products, guaranteeing durability, performance and quality.
Pure New Wool
Pure New Wool is wool that has been woven for the very first time. As wool is recyclable, the term ‘new’ means the wool has never been previously used and the fibres have not sustained any wear.
The fibres of Pure New Wool are fine, strong and durable, making our blankets and throws warm, long-lasting and high quality. All of our Pure New Wool products are 100% pure and are not blended with any other fibres.
Explore our Pure New Wool throws and blankets
Merino Wool comes from a specific type of sheep, the Merino sheep found in the mountains of Australia and New Zealand. This particular type of wool is the finest and softest sheep wool, known for a superior shine and luxurious feel.
A finer wool when compared to other types, it is softer, more breathable and has excellent moisture wicking properties. The unique structure and fine fibres make it antimicrobial as well as hypoallergenic.
Explore our Pure Merino Wool throws and blankets
Alpaca wool comes from the South American Alpaca, which is luxuriously soft, highly durable and has a naturally silky texture. It is historically known as, “The Fibre of the Gods”, due to its supremely fine and soft fibres, which were previously reserved for royalty only.
The fibres are also very strong, pill-resistant and warmer and less itchy than comparable sheep’s wool. Softer and stronger than cashmere, lighter than sheep’s wool and has high insulation with a soft feel and drape.
Explore our Pure Alpaca throws and blankets